Getting your team to higher performance and enjoyment
We've all been on these teams at one time or another: misaligned, lacking a common goal, filled with unproductive meetings, disengaged team members, unacceptable behaviors and unspoken or expressed conflict...
If you are NOT on one of those teams, you are fortunate and the exception. In fact, serious research has identified that only 10% of teams are high performing. The remaining 90% are average at best, or often far worse.
Teams that don't work are a puzzling thing: team leaders, team members, and HR departments often wonder what it is about the team's leadership, or about the team members and the team dynamics, that can seemingly bring out the worst and get a group of smart and motivated individuals to achieve so little once together.
There are solutions to these team challenges, and they do work. And no, they don't involve "one-time team building" events, rope courses or assembling bicycles blindfolded. While those might feel good in the moment and have their place, they only provide short-lived benefits.
What we offer instead is a data-driven yet compassionate process to help a team take a look at itself, build on its strengths, and focus on 2-3 team-level behaviors it commits to implementing. The team and the team members will hold themselves and each other accountable for these practices and behaviors until their turn into habits and become part of how the team operates. In order to achieve this, we follow the team at regular intervals to make sure it is moving in the right direction, to problem-solve as needed, and to reinforce progress. We also supplement the team's skillset with short tutorials on topics directly relevant to the team's challenges, such as running highly effective meetings, leading difficult conversations etc.
There is so much to be gained from getting a team to reflect on how it is working, and how it can get to an even higher level of performance! We work with senior leadership teams, executive committees, and high stakes groups that are motivated to move toward even more effectiveness and enjoyment.
Services are in person or virtual, and use only state of the art tools and methods to take you and your team where you want to be.
"I want to thank you for the thought-provoking lessons and discoveries I made during your facilitation. You have a rare gift, and hope you continue to share it!"